Thursday, June 26, 2008

Minutes of Fame

The rays of morning sun were piercing, so annoyingly that I had to finally open my eyes. It was quite warm for early morning and so I rowed to the left corner of my bed, reaching for something square. Rubbing my eyes, I observed the two needles ticking behind the screen, with the short one pointing at between figures “7” and “8” while the long one, “9”. At first, it was nothing but then, as reality woke me up, I realised one thing was for sure; I was------DOOMED!

Without anymore second thoughts, I jumped up, rushed into the bathroom and within three pails of water, cleaned myself. I put on my worn out uniform and quickly got prepared. As I hurried to get my shoes, I went pass Mother. I was surprised as she responded by just standing there, looking at me, with eyes opened wide, mouth fell agape. With my RAZ125, I departed.

As soon as I entered the main road, I noticed there were two girls jogging beside. They managed to look at me with interest and giggled among themselves. Perhaps in this condition of mine, I still looked attractive. Then there was this mid-age woman who, at first, took a glimpse at me then observed me for some time. Shaking her head, she responded just the way Mother did and sighed away. Well, what could I say? Keeping my image clean for whole five years proved worthy after all!

I was riding for a few minutes when there came another, well, admirer. It was an average 10-year-old girl. She actually surveyed me with her eyes full of admiration, idolization and likeliness. She was cute but sorry, I don’t take younger girls. At the moment, pride and satisfaction filled my mind, as if I could fly.

“I’m king of the world!” I shouted and did what I did the best; getting attentions.

School was within sight minutes later, luck was my lady as the gates were still opened. After parking my motorcycle, I sped to my class and many things happened at once. Every single eye was staring at me as soon as I entered the class, even Ms. Ng’s. Wow, wow, now that was too much! Since when I became so popular?

“Kim, why are you wearing your pajamas?” Jack asked, laughing though.

Curious, I checked myself and discovered the truth; I forgot to change my pajamas pants! How embarrassing! My head felt dizzy, or pretended to be, and it was darkness all around. I wished I would never wake up ever again.



by-sacredsword


No comments: