Saturday, June 7, 2008

Journey To Maturnity-In Another Girl's Opinion

Again, I awoke and looked outside the window beside me but what I saw was yet another thick darkness. It must have been some four hours since the train, which I was in now, departed from Tanah Merah. This journey I traversed was to pursue hope for both my family and I, to find a job at Kuala Lumpur.

Father’s legs are paralyzed, a result from a recent accident while Mother has to take care of the family. My brothers are yet too young, thus it is up to me to ensure their survival.

The train journey was indeed painful and hardship seemed to be endless.

For one, the night winds were so chilling that the pain was suffered even by the bone. Most of the time, to get some warmth, I had to rub my hands and place them on my cheeks and ears. Another thing was that the old man next to me who I saw him look at me with such lustful eyes. Avoiding him, I had to go to the canteen coach, where most passengers gathered, and waited there throughout the night. It was really troublesome but it was not enough to deter me. For my family, for a better future, I had to continue this journey.

Traveling alone is scary sometimes, especially to a sixteen-year-old girl like I am. People will be trying to take advantage on me. But it is this traveling experience that aids me in mature person.

Some five hours later, through the window, I could finally see the Twin Towers. And far behind them, the dawn sun slowly rose and shined majestically. Here, the train journey ended but another journey had only started.

by-sacredsword

No comments: