Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm Doing......wut?

Holidays. Yeah, it's holidays now. Everybody's happy with it, but I'm not included in that everybody. First, what I have been getting up until now is no other than the most annoying---boredom. Duh, I really don't know what to do! Everyday I will wake up between 1 to 2 p.m., then eat my breakfast-ish lunch, take my bath, switch on my computer and just sit there until the clock hits 6. This is already a routine. Awright, enough with the bad's. Oh ya, thanks to my last exam results, Mom finally found a "job" for me; revise, revise and revise! At least I have something to do now, but fixing my interest in Chemistry is way too easier said than done. Duh~ And thanks to Shonen Jump, now I have a new manga to catch up with. It's called "Bakuman". "baku" means "gamble" and "man" is taken from "manga", making it "a manga gamble" in whole. It follows two high schoolers whose dreams are to become famous manga-ka's, which later turns out not to be as easy as they think. I like it because it tells me of lives of manga-ka's and the hardships they face. Getting a manga drawn doesn't necessarily mean it will get published. And without publication, where manga-ka's going to get their income? Well, that's what happens at Japan, a whole different situation at Malaysia. There are some magazines like GEMPAK, UTOPIA or XUE HAI newspapers that welcome local manga-ka's to submit their work. I want to become a manga-ka someday and I hope my work will get published in those media. Thus, I'm going to practice drawing during these holidays. Being a self-taught manga-ka is quite difficult but there are already some who succeeded. Akira Toriyama, once an office boy, is a self-taught artist, gaining fame with his Dragon Ball. I hope I can be like him someday. Well, someday. Haha, and thanks to my buddy, I could spend some time driving at Kota Bharu. That was one meaningful day, for me, that is. I guess that's it for now, may good things happen soon! Arios~

No comments: